Re: xmms plays scratchy MP3's under esound

--- "C.M. Connelly" <c@eskimo.com> wrote:

>     RD> Is anyone else having this problem? I'm running a pure 2.2.14
>     RD> (from kernel.org) kernel, patched only for rage128 fb, on a
>     RD> PowerMac 7300.  Could this be a problem with dmasound? If so,
>     RD> is there a patch?
>
>     MD> I can only imagine it's a problem with buffer
>     MD> size/synchronization ...
>
> Hmm.  Dunno about that, unless you're talking about buffers in
> xmms --

No, I'm talking about buffers in esd. Actually, I mean the size of data
packets it sends to /dev/dsp.

> mpg123 plays MP3 files that xmms plays with static perfectly.

I know. Do you spot any difference in the output of 'cat /dev/sndstat' ?

Michel

=====
"Software is like sex; it's better when it's free"
 -- Linus Torvalds

"If you continue running Windows, your system may become unstable."
 -- Windows 95 BSOD