Re: xmms plays scratchy MP3's under esound

    RD> Is anyone else having this problem? I'm running a pure 2.2.14
    RD> (from kernel.org) kernel, patched only for rage128 fb, on a
    RD> PowerMac 7300.  Could this be a problem with dmasound? If so,
    RD> is there a patch?

    MD> I can only imagine it's a problem with buffer
    MD> size/synchronization ...

Hmm.  Dunno about that, unless you're talking about buffers in
xmms -- mpg123 plays MP3 files that xmms plays with static
perfectly.  freeamp seems to be pretty buggy, too (can't find user
interface files, segfaults when started from the command line).

 Behind the counter a boy with a shaven head stared vacantly into space,
 a dozen spikes of microsoft protruding from the socket behind his ear.
   C.M. Connelly               c@eskimo.com                   SHC, DS