Re: clock troubles under Debian/PowerPC

On 27/1/2000 Joel Klecker wrote:

AFAIK, Mac OS *does* keep the clock in UTC. Perhaps only since 8.x though.
I have my Debian GNU/Linux PowerPC system set to use UTC and Mac OS is
never confused about the clock, so it must grok UTC.

This is certainly not what i have found, I use macos 8.6, no matter what i try the only way the hardware clock goes to UTC is when I set the macos timezone to Londen.

If you know a trick to fix macos's brokenness in this way I would like to know...

what kind of machine are you using? perhaps it has two separate hardware clocks?

--
Ethan Benson
To obtain my PGP key: http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/pgp/