Re: perl-5.005 fails to build on powerpc

On Mon, Jan 24, 2000 at 12:40:44PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2000 at 10:05:34AM -0700, Matt Porter wrote:
> > I'd suspect a kernel problem with 2.3.10, unless you're missing SysV IPC
> > support.  My 2.2.9 PReP kernel only fails on the anydbm.t and ndbm.t when
> > it tries an ndbm store.  I get an errno 22, invalid argument.  This is at
> > line 101 in anydbm.t and line 106 in ndbm.t.  That line tries to make a
> > call with a "null" argument.
> >
> > Exluding ndbm support causes the anydbm.t test to fail elsewhere.
>
> Oh, not the null key stuff again!
>
> I think that's what we call a known bug.  Upload it anyway.  I don't
> know why it fails for you and not for me though ...

Hrm. Ok, but I will let Alex do the upload since he appears to have -5.3
building from source (he did say later today).  I'll use a hacked perl and
console-data to build boot-floppies in the meantime. I still don't see an
upload of the fixed console-data package to Incoming.

--
Matt Porter
mmporter@home.com