apt and dselect problems

Hi. I'm in the process of trying yet another installation attempt
of debian-ppc on a Starmax 5000.

I didn't go through the entire installation process, because the
kernel and module files hadn't downloaded right, but I got close
enough that I was able to download stuff like lynx, and do a
dist-upgrade...

I have a slight problem, though. It's not showing the great majority
of packages I know to be available (like the X packages) as
being available. I'm not sure whether the system entered this
state before or after I downloaded lynx.

Anyway, what precisely should I be using for my sources.dist
file? Is there possibly a bug in dselect or apt?

Phil
pgf@globalreach.net