Re: Kernel 2.2.14

Benjamin> On Wed, Jan 12, 2000, Sergio Brandano <sb@dcs.qmw.ac.uk> wrote:
>> I tried Paul's rsync tree, but still it does not work. The USB
>> section does not compile due to two missing files, and the Xpmac
>> option is still needed (if you disable it, the kernel does not
>> compile). By leaving the Xpmac option selected, and desecting the USB
>> one, the kernel compiles, but it crashes the machine at boot time.
>> I remind I am using a Lombard-400.

Benjamin> There's a small error in Paul's current tree that prevents it from
Benjamin> compiling USB:

I just tried pauls rsynch tree and the USB patches no longer apply
(trying to apply them incorrectly inserts some bad code, though).

Trying to compile without CONFIG_XMON I get errors in kernel/prom.c
about an undefined xmon_printf(). If I define CONFIG_XMON I get even
more errors from xmon/x.o about undefined debugger_fualt_handler.

I also get a warning from soundcard.h about abs() being implicitly
defined.

I would really like to get USB support, and APM support.

jas.