Re: Phase 5 Statement on Linux for PowerPC

On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Phillip R. Jaenke wrote:
> Another possibility I thought of is semi-emulating the ThinkPad 860.
> There's 4.3G SCSI *laptop* HDDs now, apparently. And we all know SCSI
> beats IDE any day. Sooo.. well.. you know where I'm going. (The ThinkPad
> 860 (603/166) has a 2x SCSI2 CD-ROM and a 2.5G SCSI2 HDD.)

Are you aware of pricing for 2.5" SCSI HDs? If I want a new replacement for the
dead 540 MB disk in my DEC UDB, it would cost about 250 EUR (fortunately a friend had a spare 340 MB disk lying around). Not to mention pricing for multi-GB
disks.

Greetings,

						Geert

--