Strange MOL problem.

In my previous message, I mentioned that MOL was working great, but I
have
discovered one strange problem.  It seems that I can't access any of the
text files on one of my MacOS partitions.  This is my largest MacOS
partition , and I use it for lots of miscellaneous stuff.  I can browse
the
volume in the find just fine, and can launch at least two applications
(Disk First Aid and Drive Setup Lite), but found that Virtual PC hung
the
machine.  However if I double click on any of a number of files of type
TEXT or TTRO, SimpleText launches, and opens a window with garbage in
it.
In some cases it looks like text from my linux partitions (it looks like
shell script, and the line termination is screwed up).

The most annoying part of this problem is that I can't use Eudora
(almost
the only thing I use MacOS for anymore).  Eudora launches just fine (its
on
a different partition), but it complains about the settings file being
corrupted (my Eudora Folder with all the settings and mail folders is on
the problem partition).

I have two hard disks on the internal SCSI bus of my Power Mac 7300.
Here's
the pdisk output for those two disks:

Partition map (with 512 byte blocks) on '/dev/scsi0.0' (/dev/sda)
 #:                type name                length   base    ( size )
 1: Apple_partition_map Apple                   63 @ 1
 2:      Apple_Driver43*Macintosh               54 @ 64
 3:      Apple_Driver43*Macintosh               74 @ 118
 4:       Apple_Patches Patch Partition        512 @ 192
 5:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 Root                262144 @ 704     (128.0M)
 6:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 Usr                 614400 @ 262848  (300.0M)
 7:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 Readonly Slow       563200 @ 877248  (275.0M)
 8:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 Read/Write Slow    1638542 @ 1440448 (800.1M)
 9:           Apple_HFS MacOS Applications 1122304 @ 3078990 (548.0M)
10:          Apple_Free Extra                   10 @ 4201294

Device block size=512, Number of Blocks=4201303 (2.0G)
DeviceType=0x0, DeviceId=0x0
Drivers-
1: @ 64 for 21, type=0x1
2: @ 118 for 32, type=0xffff

Partition map (with 512 byte blocks) on '/dev/scsi0.6' (/dev/sdb)
 #:                type name             length   base    ( size )
 1: Apple_partition_map Apple                63 @ 1
 2:      Apple_Driver43*Macintosh            54 @ 64
 3:      Apple_Driver43*Macintosh            74 @ 118
 4:       Apple_Patches Patch Partition     512 @ 192
 5:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 Swap             262144 @ 704     (128.0M)
 6:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 Readonly Fast   1933312 @ 262848  (944.0M)
 7:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 Read/Write Fast 4194304 @ 2196160 (  2.0G)
 8:           Apple_HFS MacOS Boot       522240 @ 6390464 (255.0M)
 9:           Apple_HFS MacOS Projects  1986560 @ 6912704 (970.0M)
10:          Apple_Free Extra               473 @ 8899264

Device block size=512, Number of Blocks=8899736 (4.2G)
DeviceType=0x0, DeviceId=0x0
Drivers-
1: @ 64 for 21, type=0x1
2: @ 118 for 32, type=0xffff

The partitions "MacOS Applications" and "MacOS Boot" appear to be
working
fine, but "MacOS Projects" is the one that is giving me these strange
problems.

Has anybody else experienced something similar to this?  Anyone have any
suggestions about how to fix it.  MOL is way cool, and if I can solve
this
problem, I will probably never boot into MacOS again.

	thanks,
	Peter Canning -- remove nospam. from my address to reply