Re: what about potato boot-floppies for powerpc/apus ?

> potato will be freezing soon, or at least so they say, so it is time to add
> some kind of install stuff for apus also.

A little bit late, ehhh?  I asked serveral times for this, but without any
help this port is for the next release.

> What about the kernel ? There are two problems with it :
>
>  * Once install is complete, you install a new kernel from a kernel-package.
>    This kernel has to go on a affs partition, so it would be best to have the
>    install stuff create a boot/affs mount point, and install the kernel there.
>
>  * The last stable apus kernel is based on the 2.2.10 m68k kernel. There is a
>    kernel-patch-m68k_2.2.10-4.deb package for it. on top of that we need to
>    apply the following patch :
>
>     -> 37563 Aug 21 17:08 linux-2.2.10-m68k-990821.diff.gz
>
>    do i have to make a new kernel-patch for it including the m68k kernel
>    patch, or is it ok to do a kernel-patch-apus-after-m68k or something
>    similar ?

This is to late. I personally (my opinion!) do not allow this new subarch to be
included. This will break to much. This is work for the next release (also
hopefully with mbx support).

MfG,

   Hartmut