Install on MVME1604-014

Hi! Everyone,

		I'm hoping someone on the list
can help me. I've recently obtained a couple of
surplus MVME1604-014 VME cards (These are the PPC/
PREP/PPCBug ones without a video controller.) on
which I would like to install a Debian environment.
I can load the latest boot.bin file via tftp from
another unix box but apart from the usual bytes loaded
and memory location information the only message on
the console is "VGA already in text mode" then nothing.
How does boot.bin recognise the various supported
configurations. (I couldn't find the source) I'm new
to these cards so maybe I have a hardware configuration
error?

The MVME1604 isn't mentioned on the Debian web site so
does this mean that it's not supported yet?

Any and all help/information will be gratefully received.
Once I get this working I hope to be able to contribute
to the development effort, I just need to get over this
first hurdle!

Best regards

Mark
Mark Bover