Re: X patches

On Fri, Oct 22, 1999 at 09:22:48AM -0700, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Oct 1999, Sven LUTHER wrote:

> > > Right, but the PPC patches are in there someplace then?  Right now my
> > > 3.3.5's have an accel glitch on ATI (i'm wondering if my patch around the
> > > regb/etc stuff was wrong) which the debian FBDev doesn't show.  Reminds
> > > me, which compiler was used on those rpms? 2.95.x ? (I see 2.95.2-0pre3 or
> > > 4 is out pkg wise..)
> >
> > huh, yes i think, perhaps the version before that. Does the X server not say
> > things about that when you ask him ? I compiled it some weeks ago. I used the
> > new glibc also.
>
> Hmm.  Can you double check this?  I'm using glibc 2.1.3 snapshot & 2.95.2

I will try, but my computer died last weekend, i will maybe get a new one this
afternoon, but it is not guaranteed it will work for me. Having an amiga
formatted harddisk, also poses problems when trying to read the partition from
another computer, ...

> pre-release.  Right now we've got the same patches that affect "fbdev"
> (grep -l fbdev *) but the current debian X server doesn't have this minor
> glitch (rage pro & blackbox i think).

I think it was 2.95.1.something, don't know about glibc, just check the
debian-devel-announce list for the date of upload of this stuff.

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER