Re: dmasound failure under 2.2.12 kernel

On Fri, Oct 08, 1999 at 12:35:44PM +0200, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 7, 1999, Michael G Schwern <schwern@pobox.com> wrote:
>
> >I recently upgraded from my own 2.2.11 kernel to the new
> >kernel-image-2.2.12-pmac and I've found that sound has ceased to work.
> >This is a WallStreet PowerBook G3.  I've traced the problem to the dmasound.o
> >module:
> >
> ># modprobe /lib/modules/2.2.12/misc/dmasound.o
> >/lib/modules/2.2.12/misc/dmasound.o: unresolved symbol machine_is_compatible
> >
> >I got the same problem when I compiled the kernel myself (gcc 2.95.1)
> >from the kernel-source-2.2.12 and kernel-patches-2.2.12.  I have yet to try
> >compiling straight from the pure Linux source.
>
> Either add machine_is_compatible to the list of exported symbols in
> arch/ppc/kernel/ppc_ksyms.c, or grab the patches on my test web page,
> they include various useful powerbook stuffs along with this fix. The
> page is at http://calvaweb.calvacom.fr/bh40/test.html

It would be helpful if you or someone else could provide a patch versus
stock 2.2.12 (and future versions) for needed Mac fixes.  I did the last
upload the powerpc 2.2.12 patch and images, but my native platform is
PReP so I have no way of knowing what are the appropriate patches to include
for Mac.

I'm planning on doing another set of images shortly (since we've done some
IDE fixes on PReP), so I could include any Mac support in the stock images
at that time.

--
Matt Porter
mmporter@home.com