Re: RS/6000

Ok, I am stumped.  I have been trying to build an SMP kernel for my
F50, and have hit a wall.

It is stopping somewhere after prom_init (I added a prom_print that
shows it is exiting this), and before printing anything else.  It is
still in OF. From what I can see in the code, after prom_init, it is
back into head.S, and at that point, I'm a bit stumped - I don't know
a lot about assembly, let alone PPC (although I hope to get a book on
the PPC instruction set soon), and it seems rather difficult to even
call something like prom_print (which is how I have been 'debugging').

I'll ask again - is there any kind of ppc-kernel list that would be an
appropriate place for questions like this?

Thanks,
--
David N. Welton            (    Circa mea pectora
davidw@prosa.it            )    multa sunt suspiria