Re: RS/6000

Hi!

On Fri, 10 Sep 1999, David Welton wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 10, 1999 at 07:17:46PM -0300, Douglas S. Vieira wrote:
> Try doing what I said.  Don't use dd, but create a *DOS* floppy disk
> and *cp* the files there.  I have no idea if this is right for your
> machine but like I said, it did work for me!
> You need to get into Open Firmware.  Read your manual for how to do
> that.
I've IBM RS/6000 43P 140... I saw the www.yellowdoglinux.com. There were
boot image-s (zimage.initrd, zimage.chrp)
They wrote the folowing instructions:
format a dosfloppy copy zimage.initrd onto this, but call it ZIMAGE
put the floppy in the drive
hold F8 at startup
type boot floppy:,\ZIMAGE
install YDL as their guide says
reboot machine
format another floppy disk, and copy zimage.chrp onto this, but call ZIMAGE
put this floppy into the drive (and take off the previous :-) )
hold F8 at startup
type boot floppy:,\ZIMAGE root=/dev/sdx
where sdx is my root partition...
BUT I does'n remember the other steps...

I tried it, but when I try to load any of the floppy-s, it start to load,
it load that, it start sg. elf loader, write a lots of info on the
screen...
I just remember, that wrote sg. two program headers...
But I couldn't boot the floppies...
Can sy. help me?
Is 43P 140 supported? (They don't write, but they write 43P 150... I hope)
Can help that, if I write you the whole screen, what this produces?
Will potatoe support 43P 140? Will potatoe support RS6k?
Could I Install potatoe somehow onto this machine?

Thanks 4 all !

|      Pásztor György  JATE Program-Tervező Matematikus II. évf      |
| JATE Ságvári Endre Gyakorló Gimnázium Linux rendszeradminisztrátor |
|               e-mail: pasztor@linux.gyakg.u-szeged.hu              |
   Utolsó mondás:
        - Ne essenek pánikba, ez a gáz nem mérgező!