GNOME terminal madness

I recently added Unix98 pty support to my kernels. From then on, the GNOME
terminals set TERM to "dumb". Why is that?

I now set TERM to "linux" in .bashrc . Is there a better solution?

Michel

--
People who are wrong the most are wrong the loudest.
Michel Dänzer                             ///           mdaenzer@earthling.net