Re: Phase 5 Statement on Linux for PowerPC

Jeramy B Smith wrote:

> I emailed Phase 5 (www.phase5.de) about possibly making CHRP motherboards
> for the purpose of running Linux for PowePC and recieved a pleasant
> response. Phase 5 is a well known maker of PPC accelerators for Macs and
> Amigas.
>
> Read it at http://www.corplinux.com/powerpenguin

That reminds me...

Busy little beaver that I am, I'm busily at work hunting around and
calling around some of my usual component suppliers, hunting down either
someone with good contacts at a notebook manufacturer or willing to do
single-order or small order (<150) production of notebooks based on
IBM's public design. I haven't heard anything yet, but I've already run
into a problem.

I'm not an EE, or a CS guy. I have *NO* idea how to redesign this board
so as to cram it into a laptop. (I am not worried in the least about
processor heat; just gonna have to deal with it. Dissipate with a diff
heatsink or something.) Anyone know of any companies that're working on
this already? Or know enough about this stuff to assist in the work?
Thanks.

Those of you who are about to suggest I buy an iBook, consider yourself
soundly thwapped. My current 'arteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeestic' project is
proving that you can turn an iBook into a toilet seat. I hate the look
of those things. ;P

-prj