Re: Real Time Device and kernel 2.2.11

On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Michael G Schwern wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 17, 1999 at 06:14:12PM +0200, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 16, 1999, Michael G Schwern <schwern@pobox.com> wrote:
> >
> > >-Shut off- RTC support in the kernel.  It made mine panic on boot.
> >
> > That's probably not the solution neither. Some non-powermac PPC based
> > machines may need it (I beleive PReP uses a standard clock chip). One
> > would better fix the rtc driver to disable itself on powermacs. I'll give
> > this a look tomorrow.

MK48T59/559 on Motorola PReP systems.

> Oh, right, right!  The PPC world doesn't revolve around Apple. :)

Apple people do have the prestige of being extremely noisy about their PPC
systems for being such a _small_ part of the PPC chip market.  The desktop
folks have always been this way while the embedded systems continue to run
the world. :)

--
Matt Porter                                       Motorola Computer Group
matt_porter@mcg.mot.com                           CIBU Linux Support