Re: XF86_FBDev and gpm for a Lombard

Tom Rini <trini@disparity.net> said:

> On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, Michael G Schwern wrote:
>
> > So, exactly how is one expected to configure X?  I think someone
> > earlier commented that since the Frame Buffer X driver wasn't as touchy
> > as others, it wasn't necessary to have an X configuration program.
>
> Well, if someone would point me at either a univeral way to see what kind
> of keyboard (for xkb) and mouse (mouse type) are installed on a system, or
> the debian equiv of /etc/sysconfig/{mouse,keyboard}  I'll happily fix
> Xautoconfig to work on debian too.

i just did it by temporarily adding keyboard and mouse files to
/etc/sysconfig, then running Xautoconfig.  the files were:

    /etc/sysconfig/keyboard:
	KEYTABLE=
	KEYBOARDTYPE="usb"

    /etc/sysconfig/mouse:
	MOUSETYPE="imps2"
	XMOUSETYPE="IMPS/2"
	FULLNAME="Universal Serial Bus 1 Button Mouse (USB)"
	XEMU3=yes

granted, i took my changes as whether those were *right* -- but they
ended up working for me.

i got the files from The G3 Kernel HOWTO at robert shaw's excellent
site at <http://www.inficad.com/~rshaw>.

john