Re: strange X/xdm crashes..

Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > -- Fatal server error:
> > fbdevUpdateColormap: FBIOPUTCMAP failed (Function not implemented)
>
> Offb doesn't know how to set the colormap, except for ATI chips. Here we're
> back at our other problem: why doesn't offb recognize your RAGE LT as an ATI
> chip? Can you try adding debug code to offb_init() and offb_init_driver() in
> drivers/video/offb.c?

Uhm, I try.. (I'm not so confortable with C)

Ps: I have a "plain" 2.2.10 with variuous mac/powerbook patches
(fn_key's, modem, adb) and kernel report always
fb0

I have tried to get via cvs the kernel from open

> > No news with acceleration :( I try to use the linuxppc R5 Xserver
>
> Won't help. It relies on atyfb, too.

Yes, but there was an experimental accelerated Xpmac, that work fine
with my card. But I have only binaries for glibc1.

--

Igor Falcomata'
igor@infosec.it