Re: strange X/xdm crashes..

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Igor Falcomata' wrote:
> A workaround for the strange crashes I have with XF68_FBDev on my PB
> g3/233/ragelt is disable console blank-screen with setterm -b 0 (just
> add a script in /etc/rc.boot to automate this)
>
> the error was:
>
> -- Fatal server error:
> fbdevUpdateColormap: FBIOPUTCMAP failed (Function not implemented)

Offb doesn't know how to set the colormap, except for ATI chips. Here we're
back at our other problem: why doesn't offb recognize your RAGE LT as an ATI
chip? Can you try adding debug code to offb_init() and offb_init_driver() in
drivers/video/offb.c?

> No news with acceleration :( I try to use the linuxppc R5 Xserver

Won't help. It relies on atyfb, too.

Greetings,

						Geert

--