Re: Glibc2.1 and Netscape

Deirdre Saoirse wrote:

> Wow, thanks for the detailed instructions. If you don't mind, I'd like to
> flesh them out a little more into a mini HOWTO.

When this was discussed back in January (see
http://lists.linuxppc.org/listarcs/linuxppc-user/199901/msg00759.html),
Takashi Oe came up with a similar-looking solution, and he created a
tarball containing netscape-4.08 and the necessary old libraries, see
ftp://ppc.linux.or.jp/pub/users/toe/misc/.

IIRC, his solution involved a chroot, so Derek's solution is more
elegant, allowing also non-root users to run netscape.

I am still chrooting to a complete R4 system mounted on a subtree of the
R5 system. Not very elegant, but it allows to run netscape under R5.

--
Martin