Samba does not work due to LFS support on powerpc

Package: samba
Version: 2.0.3-1

The mmap() call used to map /var/samba/SHARE_MEM_FILE fails with EINVAL
when large file support is enabled.  I had to disable it by hand by
hacking configure.in, and then I had to disable --with-smbwrapper
because smbwrapper will not compile if stat64 is available but LFS is
not.

I can't figure out exactly where the problem is.  It may not be samba's
fault, mmap64() may be broken.  I'd appreciate it if anyone with more
time could look in to this.

Has samba been recompiled on x86 with glibc 2.1 yet?  Does the problem
exist in that case?

Dan

|       Daniel Jacobowitz        |__|     CMU, CS class of 2002      |
|   Debian GNU/Linux Developer    __   Part-Time Systems Programmer  |
|         dan@debian.org         |  |        drow@cs.cmu.edu         |