Re: URGENT: warning!

On Mon, May 03, 1999 at 08:59:33PM -0700, Joel Klecker wrote:
> At 21:21 -0400 1999-05-03, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> >If you haven't upgraded in a while, I very strongly recommend that you
> >run:
> >
> >$ apt-get install libc6
> >
> >Not a dselect upgrade doing multiple things at once - JUST libc6.
> >Somewhere in the past few versions we changed our minds about
> >__register_frame_info again, and when that happened, libraries began
> >depending on the new libc6.  I'd really like to know if anyone knows
> >when/how this happened.  It's certainly a problem from 2.1-3 to
> >2.1.1-0pre1.3.
>
> It's egcs, this bit sparc too. egcs 1.1.2 has a weak symbols in
> libgcc patch, this makes __*register_frame_info weak symbols.
> Debian/sparc has backed this out of their egcs.
>
> Jeff Law has suggested on the egcs list that he believes that patch
> was a bad idea, even going so far as to consider a 1.1.3 release just
> to back it out.

I agree.  I would really like to have this fixed if possible.  Perhaps
a new egcs with that sparc patch applied.

Thoughts?

Dan

|       Daniel Jacobowitz        |__|     CMU, CS class of 2002      |
|   Debian GNU/Linux Developer    __   Part-Time Systems Programmer  |
|         dan@debian.org         |  |        drow@cs.cmu.edu         |