Re: libreadlineg2

On Sun, May 02, 1999 at 08:14:24PM +0300, Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:

> On Sun, 02 May 1999, Illo de' Illis wrote:
> sigh... Unfortunately, this is an error, that cannot be solved on an
> upgrade easily -that means, not without changing significantly the postinst
> scripts of bash. While saying that, it is definately possible to upgrade
> both bash and libreadline, although it is a bit tricky.

Got it. I was going to try myself getting bash with the old libreadline,
because I suspected incompatibility between old bash and new readline. I
recall it happened sometime ago with slink as unstable (libreadline
incompatible with old bash caused sigsegv), but you made me avoid the whole
thing. Thanks!

Ciao,
Illo.

Ilario Nardinocchi, nardinoc@CS.UniBO.IT - Computer Science Adept since 1982
                    illo@mclink.it

Know-nothing-bozo rule:
The views expressed above are entirely mine and do not represent the views,
policy or understanding of any other person or official body.