Re: Failed base upgrade to bash 2.02
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Failed base upgrade to bash 2.02
- From: Konstantinos Margaritis <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 02:39:45 +0300
- Message-id: <9904170241570A.00377@proton>
- References: <19990417013707.X28220@isis>
On Sat, 17 Apr 1999, Hartmut Koptein wrote:
>> When I upgraded all of my base packages, bash broke. libc6 went from
>> 2.1->2.1.1 and the current bash binary is dependent on 2.1. It segfaulted
>> with the new library when attempting to run the bash.prerm script.
>> Extracting the new bash binary allowed me to complete the exercise.
>> Seems like bash 2.01 should have depended specifically on libc6 2.1.
>Feanor: could you look on this and compile a new bash package?
but... Matt's talking about bash 2.01. The one I uploaded is 2.02. I never even dealt
with 2.01. and checking my system, bash 2.02 depends on libc6 (>= 2.1).
Still, I am checking bash now for any trouble in the scripts.