Re: IMPORTANT : latest bash intall fails and bash is no more usable!!!

According to VALETTE Eric <valette@crf.canon.fr>:

> I updated two debianppc system this morning and the last bash
> version is bugged!!! (install failed...)
>
> As a result, you cannot do su anymore which is a pain to update
> the system again. People not having other shell installed may be
> deadlocked!!!

This happened to me this morning. bash is core dumping...
I found a work around: compiling a static bash on my LinuxPPC
server right (that is still under PPC R4) to replace the debian
supplied version...

Hub
--
Allianceware: see Coopetition