How usiball are things?

	Hi I am a big debian fan and I have been lurking for months now
but I havent rilly been able to get a feal of how stable the port is. I
want to up grade form LinuxPPC R4 to a libc6 distro soon and I was
wondering if people thought debian would be a bad idea. I do use my box as
my work computer (mostly latex and perl stuff) so I nead it to be farly
reliable but I am willing to hack a bit to get things up and runing. any
coments would be greatly apreasheted.

-Jonathan
P.S. dose any one have a 2.2.x kernal with working sound on a 7500?