Re: new glibc, egcs, etc.

luther@maxime.u-strasbg.fr (Sven LUTHER) writes:

> Does it also fix the problems with the compilation of GTK+ in the strength
> reduce code ? Could that be my problem , and not the X server faults ? i
> recompiled old enlightenment witrh imlib1.9.4 (from gnome-stage-2) and
> glib/gtk1.2, and it crashed the X server, while enlightenment from potato
> was fine before.

I did a quick test, and it appears to fix the gtkclist/ctree bug that's been
around forever (-O2 -fPIC on functions with way too many arguments got a
register clobbered early). Happy happy joy joy! This means that once the gtk+
deb gets rebuilt with the new compiler, I can starting using the .debs instead
of having to build my own..

Mind you, the only problem I ever saw was that a clist or ctree would crash
(including anything derived from them, such as the file selection widget). I
haven't been able to make my X server crash. (well, at least not my linux X
server.. can't say the same for Solaris). But I haven't run Enlightenment very
much.

pleased,
 -Brian
   warner@lothar.com