Re: PCMCIA

On Wed, Mar 03, 1999 at 11:01:14AM +0100, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> According to Anu bis <tonopah@hotmail.com>:
> >
> > I am going through the same situation with my PowerBook.  At the moment,
> > I am running LinuxPPC 4.1.  I just installed the pcmcia-3.0.8.src.rpm
> > from ftp.linuxppc.org (don't remember the exact dirctory it was in :( ).
> > I unpacked it using rpm -U pcmcia...
>
> I was using Linux PPC R4 with the latest kernel, but I was fed up of
> RedHat. So I have switched to the Debian. Hence the question I'm asking.
>
> I think I'll try to make a package from the source.

You'll need to compile it yourself.  Here's what I would recommend:

- Put the source of the kernel you want to use somewhere under
 /usr/src.
- make {menu,x,}config it for your system.
- Install pcmcia-source, and then cd /usr/src && tar xzf
 pcmcia-cs.tar.gz
- cd back into the directory with your kernel and:
 make-kpkg binary; make-kpkg modules

You'll need the latest 'kernel-package' installed for make-kpkg.

Dan

|       Daniel Jacobowitz        |__|     CMU, CS class of 2002      |
|   Debian GNU/Linux Developer    __   Part-Time Systems Programmer  |
|         dan@debian.org         |  |        drow@cs.cmu.edu         |