popen & pclose; How to report platform-specific bugs?

xlock and ddd are currently refusing to run on my system.  xlock
complains about a missing pclose symbol, ddd gripes about a missing
popen.  Here's what ddd has to say:

ddd: error in loading shared libraries: ddd: symbol popen, version
GLIBC_2.1 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

The error message from xlock also mentions this link time reference,
which I've never seen before.

This seems to me likely to be a PowerPC-only problem.  What's the right
thing to do about bugs that are clearly only affecting one platform?  I
don't want to swamp the maintainers with dozens of bug reports,
especially because many of these problems are probably actually the
result of some other part of the system being broken, like the emacs
problem with floats.

Comments?

Has anyone else run into the popen/pclose problem, or know why it's
happening?  Seems like my system has been getting more unstable lately.

-Randy