Re: KDE 1.1 packages

On Tue, 16 Feb 1999, Robert Ramiega wrote:
>On Sat, Feb 13, 1999 at 02:49:23AM +0200, Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:
>> On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Hartmut Koptein wrote:
>>
>> Ok. I have now in http://www.uoa.gr/~kmargar/debian/kde the following
>> packages:
>>
>> kdenetwork_1.1-1_powerpc.deb
> This one seems to be broken (i've downloaded it twice and dpkg said something
>about broken tar file) Other run fine on my system (i admit i didn't try all
>execs from them) oh almost forgot reversi quits after i place first  button

yes it is broken, I tried creating it twice, changing options, creating the
package right from the start (with dh_make & dpkg-buildpackage) and I got the
same results. I suspect a possible bug in dpkg scripts?
Anyway, the strange thing is that it is actually usable, I mean if you do

(cd /; dpkg -x kdenetwork*.deb .) it places the files in the correct places, it
just does not inform the database about it (that IS a problem).

Any ideas as to how I fix this?

--
Konstantinos Margaritis
kmargar@cc.uoa.gr