Perl and glibc2

Well, I finally managed to get a working ramdisk and was able to use
bootx to install the base system.  Now, every time perl is called I get:
	"perl: error in loading shared libraries: perl: symbol chown, version
GLIBC_2.1 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference"

As you can imagine, since everything seems to use perl, I'm am getting
nowhere fast.  I dl'd everything off the latest dists/sid and still have
te same problem.  Any help would be much appreciated.

--
Ryan Zenker