Re: netcdf .debs available

On Fri, Dec 04, 1998 at 02:13:58PM +0200, Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, Sven LUTHER wrote:
>
> > some time ago there was someone who wanted to do the GMT package, i told him i
> > had done some packaging before, but since i was not developper, it was only for
> > me (same as you i think ...) are you debian developper ? if yes perhaps you
> > could take the package. In any case, perhaps you should send a mail to
> > debian-devel announcing your problem, where you put the package, and so on.
> >
> > If you are not developper, i would gladly take the package. If it is ok with
> > you.
>
> Well, I am not a developer, so it's perfectly fine with me. I would be
> much obliged though, if you send me a notice, when the package is ready.

ok i just posted an offer to package it to debian-devel, and hope i will find
again the previous wouldbe packager ...

> GMT works fine, as it is, but I prefer the debian structure much more.
> As a sidenote, where can I find info about debianizing a source package?

huh ...

there is some info on on the developper corner at the debian web site, but you
should install the debhelper package and also the dh-make package, as well as
some other (don't install debmake, it is obsolete, i think ...)

then you should do a dh-make with the correct options, don't remember exactly,
but it should be in the docs, and if you are lucky, it will get debianized
automatically. this is the case with most autoconf/automake packages, and the
one that follow the gnu style. If not you have to fix things so that they work.
After that you have to build the package with dpkg-buildpackage (-us -uc since
you are not maintainer) since dbuild needs a .dsc file.

> > come on, a 5 line mail, with youyr patch appended should not take you to much
> > time ...
>
> ok, you're probably right, I'll do so just now.

send me a copy of it please ....

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER