Re: Hi!

On Fri, Dec 04, 1998 at 02:45:08PM -0600, Colby Lemon wrote:
> Hello,
> 	I just got some time to install Debian (been running LinuxPPC for
> the last few months), and so I'm now going to take the plunge.
> Conveniently, Dan posted this brief installation guide in response to
> Kirstin's message, but I have a couple of questions:
>
> 1) The web page says something about not yet supporting ide drives.  This
> has changed, I hope?

Most certainly.  Time to update that web page, I suppose.  Volunteers?

> 2) Do I delete /sbin/unconfigured.sh before running it or anything?

Yes, definitely.

> 3) When you say to set up the network script, I assume you don't mean
> write one from scratch (since there wasn't one in base2_1.tgz).  Can I
> modify the one from LinuxPPC or what?

There wasn't?  Oh.  Er.  It's not listed as owned by any package.  I
don't know where it could be coming from!

Ahah, thank you, Espy.  Copy the one from
/usr/doc/sysvinit/examples/network, and tweak appropriately.

Dan