Re: Trying to get base install

On Fri, Nov 20, 1998, Joel Klecker <jk@espy.org> wrote:

>I suggest you try the ramdisk image from
><http://www.debian.org/%7Eespy/ramdisk.image.gz>, along with the base
>tarball from dists/sid/main/disks-powerpc/2.0.11.4_1998-10-15/base2_1.tgz
>with BootX (I can't thank you enough for that, BTW, when I used to boot
>with OF I would get an extremely flaky machine under Linux (something video
>related)). I have booted that image, but it is not very tested yet.

A first problem: After going thru the configure keyboard step, my
keyboard looks dead and doesn't answer any more ot keystrokes. It's a
standard Apple Extended II kbd on ADB, the machine is a PowerMac G3/300,
running latest 2.1.129 (the kernel works fine with my linux-ppc RedHat
install so it's probably not the cause of the problem).

--
           E-Mail: <mailto:bh40@calva.net>
BenH.      Web   : <http://calvaweb.calvacom.fr/bh40/>