Re: xterm failed, 2.1 dependencies

On Mon, Nov 16, 1998 at 07:58:21AM -0700, Brad Midgley wrote:
> hi,

> ah yes. stripping every binary, combining binaries, linking statically if
> the library is only used once, compiling kernels with every possibly
> option left out, etc. i did this a lot. i remember being ecstatic because
> compiling a kernel with everything i needed and not compiling in module
> support bought me 50k or something.
>
> > Yes it is, but (A) it has to work on non-mac machines, (B) floppies can

on linux/apus, there is no floppy booting right now, only bootstrap. don't know
about chrp, prep, and others though.

Hartmut, do you still need a linux/apus .config ? there is one in the .lzh
kernels at sunsite.auc.dk/local/os/linux/apus/kernels. But i think linux/apus
don't work yet with an unpatched linuxppc kernel.

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER