pcmcia irq allocation

I'm working on getting my 3c589b pcmcia ethernet card to work, and I
notice that the module, when inserted, assigns an irq of 0 (zero) to
the card.  After running ifconfig and route with the proper args,
outgoing pings sucessfully send packets, but the returning packets
aren't recieved.  I'm assuming this is because the card hasn't got an
irq.

Now, is this expected behavior for a pc card on the powermac platform?
What kind of remedy should I be looking for?  Is anyone having success
with a 3Com 3c589 card on a powerbook?

tew
--
             Is "Princess" your real name?