Re: new developer/pcmcia-cs missing?

> I'm a developer who just got his Powerbook 2400 today.  Already, I've
> got a working Debian base on it.  Hoo!  What a headache.  It's a real
> change, switching from i86 to PPC.
>
> I'm looking for the pcmcia-cs packages, so I can get my ethernet PC
> card running.  But, it is not available in sid/binary-powerpc/base, as
> I would expect it.  Must I find a way to build it myself?  Or has it
> just gone missing?

Well, pcmcia is a bit crasy, it is not a standalone package, that works
with all kernel-versions. It must fit the kernel-version.
Debian/Powerpc use only 2.1.x and that is not officiel, so noone
has compiled this package yet.

And btw: i don't know if pcmcia will compile cleanly !?!?!

Greetings,

    Hartmut

--
 Hartmut Koptein                                       EMail:
 Friedrich-van-Senden-Str. 7                           koptein@et-inf.fho-emden.de