Re: where is it?

> I want to install some of my development machines with debian.  Where can
> I grab it?  How mature is it?

Hi Cort,

you know debian/powerpc is glibc-2.1 !?!  WIll you install from groud-up or
only install debian packages to your systems?

You can get all from any debian mirror. Please look at
http://www.debian.org for a mirror near you.

If you (then) on an ftp mirror, the path is:

   /pub/debian/dists/sid/main/binary-powerpc/*

One little warning: the current  mknod  from fileutils is broken. Also getty
makes trouble, use the mingetty packages.

But we have now 74% of 1497 packages available for powerpc (385 are missing).

Cort, please report problems during installing packages on your PReP machines to me!

Thanks,

    Hartmut

--
 Hartmut Koptein                                       EMail:
 Friedrich-van-Senden-Str. 7                           koptein@et-inf.fho-emden.de