Re: Debian/PPC

Hi Joey,

> If these work you should:
>
> . partition the disk
> . mke2fs a file system on it
> . mount it
> . mount the hfs partition (assuming you put the powerpc-base there)
> . Install it with cat power-base|gzip -d|tar -x -C /mnt -f -
> . Adjust passwords
> . Install a working kernel
> . Figure how you can boot, either by using quik or a different
>   mechanism
> . Adjust OF
> . try to boot

add you this to the powerpc html page? I'll do it, when i have some more time
for it.

Second: i cannot find my tarball in Incoming. Please save it from your mirrors
Incoming to a better place.

I hope gpm is now correct! Please test it.

For the tarball: I'm in the progress to build a new one (with changes file, so
it goes to disk-powerpc), but there are some problems ... i need some days.
Don't hurry me :-)

Please report problems for the tarball to me: which perl file was it -- that
was missing for dselect?? awk will be included.

For mark: welcome! Nice to have you here on the list!

Bye,

    Hartmut

--
 Hartmut Koptein                                       EMail:
 Friedrich-van-Senden-Str. 7                           koptein@et-inf.fho-emden.de