Re: booting back into debian

On Tue, 25 Aug 1998, Alex Romosan wrote:

> i can't seem to be able to boot back into debian after i delete the
> redhat partition. this is what i did. i created three partitions, one
> swap 20mb, one unix partition 100mb, and another unix partition for
> the rest of the disk. i installed the base redhad ppc system on the
> 100mb partition + ftp, got the debian tarball, unpacked it in the
> other partition modified quik to point to /dev/sda4 rebooted and the
> system came back under debian.
>
> next, i made a swap partition out of the redhat one, and then i wanted
> to reboot the computer but it doesn't want to come back under linux
> any more. i went back to macos, run bootvars with these parameters:

did you make your debian partition bootable?  before you removed the
redhat one, it was probably getting the bootblocks from there..

what i suggest is to get a vmlinux.coff from samba.anu.edu.au, boot from
a floppy, then get ftp://kernel.crashing.org/pub/quik_1.3.0-1.deb.  edit
/etc/quik.conf, and try booting directly off that disk again.

matt.