Re: Debian make my G3 go!

On Sat, Aug 15, 1998 at 10:45:33AM -0700, Craig R. Sadler wrote:

>  I was able to install the base-powerpc files from the tar file on a G3 333
> MT and boot using the 2.1.115 kernel from Paul Mackerras. I tried building
> the kernel from kernel.org, but, I had no luck.

IIRC, the powerpc code is still not completely merged into Linus's
kernels.  You'll need to set up CVS and get the linux source from
vger.rutgers.edu; the README.CVS is somewhere on
ftp://vger.rutgers.edu.

>  Like  Alex Romosan I used linuxppc and mounted the partition with debian
>  on it, but I couldn't get quik to work, so I used quik under MacOS. I used
> the swap partion that I normally use for linuxppc.

Quik is going to be packaged and cleaned up; Matt McLean is working on
it.  There's a few bugs.

> Excellent work you guys!

Thanks!

Dan