[Popcon-developers] popcon issues

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 01:42:53PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Bill Allombert]
> > However I start to believe that the issue is that the webserver is too slow
> > to answer:
>
> That can explain why one of my machines some times complain about being
> unable to email the popcon report, when it is expected to use http and
> normally is able to submit directly.
>
> This is a log entry from the last time it happened.
>
>   Jun 21 06:55:57 video popularity-contest: unable to submit report to
>     http://popcon.debian.org/cgi-bin/popcon.cgi.
>
> The timestamp is in CET (+0200 at the moment).

Do you use NTP or otherwise has accurate time ? Maybe you are affected by
bug #709892 ?

I have set a crontab that measure the answer time of the server across the day.
Based on the result I will ask the DSA for help.

However it might be a good time to try the new version of popcon that use
a random submission time:

<http://people.debian.org/~ballombe/popcon/debs/popularity-contest_1.63~pre2_all.deb>

Cheers,
--