Re: Request to contribute translation (zh, Chinese中文)

Hi,

Thank you very much for the interest for contributing a chinese translation!

I was the former zh_CN translator for apt and dpkg. And I had the exactly the
same idea for translating other documents for Debian many years ago.
If I remembered what I have been told correctly, debian policy is an very
important document and is frequently updated. We have to make sure the content
can be consistently conveyed without any discrepancy introduced by translation.
Meanwhile, an out-of-sync translated version of debian policy would also be a
headache to the policy team once made official.

That said... it's just because debian policy is a special case. You are welcome
to contribute translation for other projects you are interested in.

My comment does not represent the idea of the policy team. Let's see how the
team members think about it.

Thanks!