Re: Dead link to source of policies

Awesome, thanks!

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 10:02 AM Ansgar <ansgar@43-1.org> wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, 2019-08-30 at 09:17 -0500, William Newton wrote:
> Hello Debian policy,
>
> I have often admired the self governance of the Debian project and wish to
> instill some of the same policies in a smaller enterprise I’m working on.
> So naturally I started at the policy document itself and want to learn how
> it was put together. Currently the link to those source returns a 404, but
> I’m not sure the information I’m looking for would be there. Are there any
> tools you used to create or manage the policies document itself?

The source for the policy document can be found on Debian's Gitlab
installation: https://salsa.debian.org/dbnpolicy/policy

It is a regular Debian package (debian-policy) with dependencies needed
to build it in debian/control.

> ( dead link is the source link from
> https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/
>  to https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/_sources/index.rst.txt )

I guess the tool used for the policy document adds such a link, but the
source ends up not published in the place the tool expects.  It should
probably link to the Git repository instead.

Ansgar