Active policy editor (was: Re: DebCamp sprint?)

Hello Russ,

On Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 05:41:03PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
[...]
> I think I'm currently the only active Policy editor.  Not sure if the
> other current editors have plans or hopes to become active again.
[...]

This is something I've also noticed during my short time trying to help
out with some minor contributions... While you seem to be doing the
job very well, it feels unfair that you have to carry the entire burden.

While more active policy editors might mean more policy editorial
bandwidth which could come very handy, I think the imminent issue is
getting the bus (and burnout) factor sorted by trying to recruit to the
team.
I don't have any good ideas about how to do the recruitment and I don't
think it's a good idea to leave you with both the entire editor workload
AND the recruitment work.
Given (AFAIK) it's officially the DPLs responsibility to
appoint/delegate editors I'm CCing leader to see if he has any ideas
about how we can recruit and if needed get new editors delegated
(or other ideas about how we can make the policy editor changes flow
smoother. I'm sure he'll be happy to sponsor a sprint if needed).

Regards,
Andreas Henriksson