Re: DebCamp sprint?

Sean Whitton <spwhitton@spwhitton.name> writes:

> Hello policy editors + others,

> There was a DebConf talk last year about the state of Policy.  I also
> note that there was mention of off-list discussion of the current
> situation in the latest "Bits from the DPL".

> How many of the current policy editors expect to be present at DebCamp
> this year?  How about organising a sprint to handle the current backlog?
> This would raise everyone's spirits about making progress with Policy.
> I would love to be involved.

I will be at DebConf but not at DebCamp (just can't take the two weeks
away from work without cutting into other vacation that I want to take
this year).

I think I'm currently the only active Policy editor.  Not sure if the
other current editors have plans or hopes to become active again.

If I were going to prioritize the sort of work that could be done in
sprints (a lot of Policy work requires getting project consensus, which
isn't well-suited to sprints because it's hard to determine the absence of
well-founded objections in the context of a sprint), it would be
documenting the major changes in the project that Policy is entirely
silent about.  Off the top of my head, the most pressing:

- Triggers
- Multiarch
- systemd integration (there's a draft in an external repo)
- FHS 3.0

For the first two, having Guillem or someone else deeply involved in dpkg
development on-hand would be hugely helpful since they'll have to review
the resulting document anyway.  I think there may be some drafts buried in
bugs?