Re: debian/copyright in source package

Hi Santiago,

On Sat, 15 Aug 2015, Santiago Vila wrote:
1. This seems a mass-bug filing, which last time I checked it is
something that "should not be done" before asking in -devel. Did I
miss the announcement about this mass bug filing?

no, you did not miss anything.
An announcement is only recommended and this might be done in case of >10 bugs. So there has been no need for it in this case.

2. Why would policy say "should" instead of "must", if we then do not
allow for exceptions? (packages generating copyright file at build time).

This is not my area, but why should there be an exception? An explanation for "should" might be that the severity of the resulting bug is only important instead of serious.

  Thorsten