Re: #741573: Menu Policy and Consensus

Le Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 01:56:49PM +0000, Sam Hartman a écrit :

>     Bill> I want to point out that I have split the menu policy changes
>     Bill> in 3 parts, so that the less controversial part could be
>     Bill> decided separately, see #742532.  However nobody was
>     Bill> interested in seconding this. So I am let to believe there is
>     Bill> no actual consensus on this.
>
> I agree that there doesn't seem to be consensus on your proposed split.

Hello everybody,

I am not willing to enter discussions on whether I agree on subsets of a
proposal that I already approved as a whole in totality.  This is a waste of
time (that reminds me Zenon's paradox).

Also, the question is not whether the FreeDesktop menu should be described in
the Policy or not, or how to split the proposal in 3, 4 or 42 parts.  It is not
even on whether the Debian menu should be a "must" or a "should", because for
that as well, we got a "rough consensus", where at the end of the process there
was only a single person opposing the change.  Neither it is about re-starting
a search for people disagreeing (or shall I restart a GR on systemd ?).  The
question is whether a single individual can engage in confrontational commit
wars to block changes in Debian.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy