Re: #741573: Menu Policy and Consensus

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 10:08:04PM +0000, Sam Hartman wrote:
> In March of 2014, Charles Plessy asked the Debian Technical Committee to
> review one of the policy editors decisions to revert changes to how
> policy talks about the Debian Menu and MIME support.  See
> http://bugs.debian.org/741573 for the TC process and
> https://bugs.debian.org/707851.  for the process within debian-policy.
>
> One of the issues is the question of whether the Debian Policy community
> reached consensus around the proposal.  I've investigated this question
> as part of trying to understand how I will vote within the TC process.

I want to point out that I have split the menu policy changes in 3 parts, so that
the less controversial part could be decided separately, see #742532.
However nobody was interested in seconding this. So I am let to believe there
is no actual consensus on this.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>